aujourd'hui

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

hi little online space, it's been a month and two days & i've missed you. 


So much has happened in the time between, it makes my head spin I guess I'll just start by sharing a little of today's better bits... 

1. Visited the DeYoung to catch the last week of Oscar De La Renta's retrospect, colorful & lovely as expected but what really made my knees weak was witnessing Bruce Davidson's "Brooklyn Gang" in person for the first time ever. This collection of photos is electrifying and full of life- Davidson in his mid 20's capturing the angst of 16 year olds in white shirts, sleeves rolled up, open hearts and sullen faces, time infinite in the presence of each other's bodies. There are many many more beautiful shots to be found here, and two that I'd never seen anywhere before: 

Other favorites from today... 

2. Sat by the window of the Beanery later, flooded by lovely afternoon light and started Rimbaud's Une Saison en Enfer (A Season in Hell). 




Jadis, si je me souviens bien, ma vie était un festin où s'ouvraient tous les coeurs, où tous les vins coulaient. 
Un soir, j'ai assis la Beauté sur mes genoux. -Et je l'ai trouvée amère. - Et je l'ai injuriée. 

Le malheur a été mon dieu. Je me suis allongé dans la boue. Je me suis sèché à l'air du crime. Et j'ai joué de bons tours à la folie. 




Once, if I remember well, my life was a feast where all hearts opened and all wines flowed. 
One evening I seated Beauty on my knees. And I found her bitter. And I cursed her...

Misfortune was my God. I laid myself down in the mud. I dried myself in the air of crime. I played sly tricks on madness...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger