december catharsis

Sunday, November 29, 2015





On the last day of a long, long weekend...

After wasting away the morning hours online, with back-pain inducing posture and dry eyeballs (the internet isn't kind to contact lens-wearers) ogling at all the new Dieppa Restrepos on sale but still utterly unattainable, decided enough was enough, and went on a hike through the Presidio terrains with the family. It was clear today, sharp, crisp, cold, beautiful. And it was the first time in months that I found the ocean under my feet. How this absence happens as a Californian, I don't know. The hike wasn't great for the cold I caught over the holiday (it was the soy sauce I shared with the sick boy next to me Friday night, the sushi was good, I forgive you), but rather for the spirit, and I took a bundle of polaroids along the way that I decided to call "December catharsis", if that is any indicator of November being a medley of incredible highs, like TOPS, and new friends, and Tame Impala on vinyl, and unforgettable karaoke car rides (such a good month for music) but also intensely lonely moments even in the company of others, and the tragic reality that this world can be a cruel, sad place. Luckily, I have a friend who more or less shares my mind, but is somehow always at the opposite end of the emotion-spectrum, and after sending a sleuth of depressing texts, she gave me a simple reminder: at day's end, it's our job to find, and never stop believing that there exists some beauty in this world. 



1 comments:

  1. I love the instax photos!!! I would always prefer going outdoors than being stuck at home online, but then again, it is where we share all the moments! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger