Homme: Yuichiro

Sunday, August 30, 2015




Yuichiro (Yuu) from Tokyo- of the first friends I made in Paris,

we exchanged words in a mixed-up, silly tumult of Japanese-English-French... 

this happened to me other times in Paris, I would try to speak with the few Japanese people I met- once on the second floor of a small restaurant at night, when a mother in her 40's and her son, a student from the Netherlands, asked me questions in Japanese, like what I was doing in a Chinese restaurant by myself (no one else wanted Chinese, and three weeks into Paris, I was craving good Asian food so, so badly) only to draw a totally blank mind, and notice French was easier, more natural, somewhat of a default for the first time, really. Yuu seems like the kind of guy people gravitate towards, he was friends with nearly everyone who visited the shop that day (so many regulars) and I realized how much of a difference it makes to have a barista, or any kind of shopkeeper, who takes the time to talk to you, and ask you questions. That doesn't happen nearly enough back home. 


Later, met this other girl at the same cafe, she took me to 0fr bookstore/ gallery, 
a treasure trove of art and photography books a few blocks away... 


 Boot Cafe 
19 Rue du Pont aux Choux
Paris









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger