pairing: chance encounter

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Parallel lines have a lot in common, but they never meet. 
 But every other pair of lines meets once, then drifts apart forever." 
––––––––––––––––––

TODAY'S PAIRING N.6 ... Inspired by the ambiguity of lines. Ongoing, coincidental, undisrupted straight marks of inches, centimeters, of co-existence, life's disruption, and a chance encounter. 

I went to the empty handball courts yesterday with Kevin and Vincent. I loved the lines across the court there. Stark white, against synthetic asphalt in forest green. Splatters on the wall, and last week's rain stains, and some lovely coral hues. He said it might be dirty, I found it beautiful. I don't think I would have thought that a year ago. There were also trees lining the rims of the court, peeking from edges of concrete. We talked about Murakami, and now he's on my mind! I'll start reading Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World next week. Glad I brought my film camera with me. 



______




Image I: La charte d’Athènes by Scott HardyImage 
II: Dieppa Restrepo via Need Supply



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger