Mood Board: Washed Out

Saturday, December 6, 2014

A little love letter to December in Los Angeles... 
––––––––––––––

The rain is pouring outside now, our first rainfall in weeks. Illuminated windows are frosted, but there's not an ounce of snowy white powder atop the pastel houses that line these LA streets. 

And I'm not talking about the "snow" on 12 ft. palm trees at the Promenade or the Grove...

This week, I'm inspired by faint, washed out, ephemeral hues. Maybe it's the influence of my English class (Joan Didion, Bret Easton Ellis, aka reveling in the feeling of nothing-ness), or just noticing the pastel-colored houses in this city more. On the other hand, I also re-watched Florence Welch's "Love letter to LA", filmed by Tabitha  Denholm a couple years ago, where she admits to finding LA the opposite of empty- full of new possibility away from home, of thrilling excitement, and glamour. Both resonate with me, at different times, I think. 

In the meantime, here I am in my apartment, putting up a mood board that features some of my favorite artist's photos (all found here). In the mix- Human Being Journal (can't get enough), artist Ina Jang (seriously, can't get enough), Tarafirma + Joshuvela's beautiful tumblr's, and Shirin Neshat's Logic of the Birds, one of my all time favorites


Have a well-rested enough weekend, for the both of us (finals week, here I come! )


x




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger