For good meals, together

Thursday, November 27, 2014

––––––––––––––––––

WHEN I THINK OF a truly good meal, an impossibly cozy atmosphere, and the best company, this photo immediately comes to mind. I took this in New York City, when Michelle and I visited the Fat Radish earlier this year. It was so cold and crisp that morning, and when we walked almost thirty blocks to lower Manhattan, from East Village to this restaurant near Chinatown, we were all but famished. I'd heard about the vegetarian restaurant through Cereal Mag, and as soon as we stepped in, and saw that well-documented beauty of a bicycle in the foyer, we knew the long trek was well worth it. And this was before our dish came. 

Aren't these colors so quintessentially autumn

Today is Thanksgiving, and while the meal we're having later today won't be documented quite like this, it'll be spent enjoying and participating in real time conversations nonetheless. This year, more than past years, I have so much to be thankful for. I've gotten to know such special, life-changing people, and I've held onto the ones who know me best, who remind me that material things in life are merely this- replaceable things. And more than ever, I understand the the necessity of disconnecting, and just living, just being present. Even if you don't celebrate this holiday, take the time to have a worthwhile meal with someone you care about. There is always enough time to sit down, enjoy good food, and let go of the outside world. And... now time to stuff myself silly with PIE. 


Happy Thanksgiving! 


x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger