quiet

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

- images found here  -
______________________________

MORNING! Simply wanted to share this quote with you today, because it says a lot in very few words. And isn't it true that most often times, less is most effective?

Ever since I've come back to school here in LA, my mind has been a conglomerate chaos of thoughts- of my future, and obligations, deadlines, and expectations- of reality hitting, after an entire summer of relative ease. 

The frat houses that stand a few streets away from my apartment are obnoxiously noisy right now. Yet, even as I sit here and write this, my mind is always the loudest. 

How to cure a restless mind? Last night, I celebrated a close friend's birthday over great food, in lighting too dim to take any photos. So long, iphone-less conversations over creme-brulee is one solution. Alt-J's latest album, "This Is All Yours" also helps. 

I've also been meaning to read Quiet (The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking) at the recommendation of many, many friends who loved it. From such an early age, it's absolutely fascinating (and true) how the quieter people in society are so undervalued, so overlooked. When in fact, the inward-gazers of course, have incredible wisdom to share, the capacity to listen, and so much to say. How funny that on such a crazy clusterfck of a platform like instagram, I've met some of the most wonderfully introspective, sensitive people. I can't describe how incredibly special that is. 


x


1 comments:


  1. I've heard so many good tidbits about Quiet, yet I haven't had the time to check it out at he library. Usually when I'm feeling restless or like there are too many things going on in my mind I break out my black pen and my Moleskine. Always helps.

    - Lizz
    Smile a little at my blog here :]

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger