Fall Backwards

Monday, October 27, 2014


- c/o shop evens | photo by Esther Lee -

INSPIRED BY an image, two stunning smocks, and the rarity of a free afternoon, Melissa and I decided to have a little impromptu shoot in my apartment earlier last week.

We'd both just received these wonderfully crafted, autumn-hued pieces from Kate De Para of Shop Evens, a design studio based in Houston, Texas. What initially attracted me to Evens is the rare combination of aesthetic simplicity, ease of wear, and artistic quality I always look for, but seldom find. I absolutely love their experimentation with multiple forms of artistry: photography, prints, textile making- all elements you know I value!


It's so inspiring to find smaller designers like Evens, who take the time to make pieces crafted from start to finish with such great care, and close attention to detail. There's a certain ease, a refreshing lightness that comes from the shape and texture of their pieces.

I'm wearing the Audrey Smock as a dress, and it's a beautiful little number that literally makes me want to prance around the apartment barefoot, with a paintbrush and pallet in hand. Melissa is in the Silk Smock, which I absolutely love as well!

Part II with Shop Evens next! 


x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger