two, together

Friday, August 29, 2014

- image via -
HERE'S THE USUAL Friday pairing... minus the -ing. I love this image for a couple reasons. Its contrasting tones, the little bits of skin, two anonymous people, together and still. Most of all, I like the grainy quality of the photo- it appears to be shot on film, which brings me to my next little endeavor. Earlier this morning, I finally dropped off my second roll of film from NYC, and I'll go pick it up in just a couple hours. Ah, the anticipation. I'm really hoping they turn out ok, and we'll know soon enough, I guess! On another random note, lately I've been so inspired by menswear magazines. Fantastic Man, Hello Mr., and Fucking Young! are all visually powerful- they bring something that a lot of lifestyle quarterlies alone don't satisfy. I think a menswear inspired post is in store soon, don't you?


Have a great weekend!


x


5 comments:

  1. The picture is amazing! Of course the fact that it was taken with a film camera is a major contributor. I also love the contrast of the sweater and the tank top but at the same time its similarity, and their skin color looks great using the said camera. I would really love to see the photos you took, I bet they look brilliant! I think menswear magazines are very unrecognized and deserves more avid readers, given their amazing aesthetic; very excited about a post about it! xx

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea! Can't wait to share both the photos, and the menswear post:) I totally agree- menswear magazines are very underrated, but I suppose in a way, that adds to the charm.

      Delete
  2. Well I love photos like these too! There's a certain kind of classy and vintage-y feel to it. Well, good luck on your 2nd roll of film hope everything will turn out exactly the way you like them to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! There's possibly nothing I love more than the mood film photos capture.

      Delete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger