pairings : dark bloom

Monday, July 14, 2014

images found here
__


HERE IS THE second set of photos I've created in the "pairing" series! The last pairing I created, titled "noir", (which you can see here ) 
was also inspired by darkly beautiful blooms... but what can I say - their mood, their form, their visual power intrigues me endlessly. 
Dark florals, peonies in this case, and pure human movement in the simplest of style. 

Other images I'm inspired by this week: 


______________


Now, I'll share with you a few things to get you through the week! 

1. This video might be the most unoriginal thing I could post as a blogger, but I can't help it. Time and time again, Zara's video campaigns
 stun me with their simple power. And out of all their videos, this is the one I come back to every time. I also thought their summer 14 
campaign was brilliant. And a little hint: a photo shoot inspired is in the VERY near future!!

2. Lusting after these black loafers from totokoelo, one of my favorite stores for menswear inspired looks. 

3. Currently reading: East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Admittedly, it was a little hard to get into, but I am absolutely loving it now, and 
somehow, even with the numerous recommendations I heard, I never quite anticipated his writing to be this good. With that said... next 
on the list: Girl Boss and The Man Repeller (hey, its summer- some lighter reading is necessary.)

4. I recently resurrected my tumblr from the dead, and gave it a big makeover. Do take a look if pinterest isn't enough for you :) 


Have a lovely Monday!

x

2 comments:

  1. First: great pairing, loving each photo. Second: omg that vid, I also posted it on my blog a long time ago! Third: the loafers are on point. Fourth: your tumblr is superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the images! Lovely post, June. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Love reading them:)

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger