Friday Updates

Friday, July 25, 2014


morning still | photo by me | iphone
bracelet gifted by shashi nyc


SO.... I'VE been a little absent from the blog this week. But I'm back today with some pretty exciting news- as I'm sure you noticed when you landed on this page! Well, here it is right in front of our eyes- I've finally, finally updated the design of my blog (Ahh!!!) 

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a perfectionist to a fault, and like most things, it took me a long time to decide on a new layout... it's been MONTHS since I first saw this design, and fell in love! Really, I owe the thanks to my friends who pushed me to keep blogging and make the upgrade. I love it, and I hope you do too! Bear with me as I tweak it over the next couple weeks :)


________

I'm feeling a little reflective this morning, but you know, it wasn't so long ago that I started this blog - I think this September marks its third birthday (it's still a baby in blog years!) And... I think this is the year I really started to find a clearer voice for "the etherealist", this visual diary, as I like to call it. I've discovered so many new independent publications, films, music, and just sources of inspiration virtually everyday, everywhere. And without a doubt, I've gotten to know a handful of talented friends this year- even a few who I've felt I've known my whole life, who I genuinely can't image life without (how crazy and wonderful is that?) 

What started out as a really personal means of experimenting with photography (those over-saturated photos still kill me), artwork, and writing has morphed over the years into long-term projects and collaborations. And while I've made the jump into a slightly more "professional", cleaner-looking site, I hope to never lose the personal side it started with, because this voice is really all I have to offer in a world full of blogs. As long as I have a passion and drive, I'm going to give it all I can, and I'm so excited for you to read along!  



Have a lovely Friday! 


x


5 comments:

  1. Love the setting. The way the cherries are kept.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, I really appreciate that!!

      Delete
  3. I think we have the same theme! It treated me well while I had it, and it looks great on your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Love reading them:)

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger