pairings : noir

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A LITTLE INSPIRATION for your Friday morning! 
These are two favorite photos that I found on pinterest recently (that website will be the death of me... and my college career.) I added that little french phrase, because for some reason I love the way "beau garcon" sounds. Beautiful man. So, I can't believe it. I'm ALMOST done with school!!! It feels surreal that I only have a few days left of my first year of university, and that I only have one more year here in LA. I intend to make it one hell of a year, but enough talk of school, for now only summer is on my mind! Among a truly frightening amount of things I am trying to achieve this summer, at the top of my list is to watch and re-watch films- noir, classics, foreign, a little bit of everything.

A few films on my list: 

-The Night Porter
-Populaire
-The Royal Tenembaums 
-La plage 
-La piscine 
-Her (i know... i know how have I not seen this yet) 
-Breathe In (for my love, Dustin O'Halloran)
-Amy Winehouse: The Untold Story
-That one John Green movie people have kind of been talking about, heard of it?

These I have seen, but desperately need to re-watch
: 

-Roman Holiday
-Une Femme est Une Femme
-Chinatown
- American Beauty
-Lolita

And something else I've been questioning ... watching movies alone or with friends? I love watching movies alone, but I find the thought 
of having no one to share the experience with a little sad at the same time, so I'd usually pick the latter. 
Although certain friends are definitely better for certain movies... How about you?

x

4 comments:

  1. I'm more of a watching movies alone king of person. Others are so chatty during the good parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be too! Haha yes, watching serious movies with overly-talkative friends is the worst! :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. La piscine... GO WATCH IT NOW!! and the great beauty as well. Btw watching films alone is good, but like you said, certain friends are better for certain movies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Films are my fave, you already know! Summer goals: watch as many of these films and more as much as we have time for! LOL I actually watched Her already, and by myself in the middle of February how about that! <3

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger