freshly plucked

Sunday, April 6, 2014


 I PLUCKED THESE delicate little guys on my way to Michelle's apartment a few weeks ago (her neighbor's magnolia bush was looking a little overabundant). This of course yielded yet another spontaneous photo-shoot...



Can you
 feel
sweet spring's
      arrival

whispers
of a gentle hello

blooms of
beauty
my sleeping soul
awakens

youthful
innocent
pure.

renewed life 
goodbye to the
graveyard

of grays
and

memories
in the morning light
in restless air. 

wake up

feel the sand
crackling on limbs

pluck the flower
steal the petals

enjoy.

        
                          

                         -words by Michelle and I













Stepping away from digital, and exploring different mediums of capturing moments & memories through my fuji polaroid, film, and Michelle's video recorder, has been more of a struggle than I anticipated, but a rather pleasant and enjoyable one all the same. 

Here's to a new quarter!

xx

5 comments:

  1. You never fail to amuse me with every post, June! You have been my favorite blog for the longest time, and we don't even blog about the same thing! xx

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Andrea, your comment made my day:) I'm glad we can bring different inspirations to the blog community!

      Delete
  2. So incredibly beautiful. Love the softness of this post, and the shades of white are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally though it was Kiko the first top two photos!..then I scrolled down and I was like ITs Michelle! Love the poem you guys wrote! Fuji polaroid & Michelle's video recorder? I wanna see what was shot on the video recorder!

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger