Crystalized

Saturday, November 16, 2013

nails- stroke of brilliance by essie 
artwork "Light Light" by Baxter and Romano

 SO LONG TO pre- college woes I had about being bored silly in the college dorm room. Since I joined my school neighborhood's contemporary art museum student association, a whole mini world of events has slowly unraveled in front of me, leaving me with way too many lust-worthy pamphlets and graphic postcards turned wall decorations (like the diamond lights above). The state of my current essie polished nails can vouch- the once midnight blue party sparkles have been reduced to stranded navy chips of sad glitter. For my incredible roommate who somehow finds time to retouch her manicured nails every other day, this is pure torture.

No complaints though, this past weekend alone was incredible. Even though I was exhausted from the long week, on Friday night I went to a student run swap meet, where for the first time in my LIFE I met another kid my age with my name. Who is Asian. And a Francophile ( a nod here to James Franco who is teaching a class at my school now) going to Paris this summer... ?! Then one of the girls in the event told me about the Miyazaki premier going on in LA for his LAST FILM EVER, "The Wind Rises". Michelle and I went Monday night around midnight and.. what an experience. What it lacked in Spirited Away's fantastical intensity, Miyazaki's visuals of Japan completely compensated. That summer breeze ruffling the green hilly meadows, the purity and kind heartedness of the characters, and those strikingly simple piano notes brought something out from inside me that I haven't felt in a long time. We both teared up with pangs of nostalgia for Tokyo- for me the Tokyo I used to visit every summer, and for her the idea of Tokyo that she so badly wants to experience.

In the midst of all that, we somehow managed to spend a whole day at the Melrose Trading Post...
but more on that next time! 



Above:
Canvas of Culture | Crystalized 
feat. Stroke of Brilliance by Essie and Kiko Mizuhara's campaign for SLY winter 2013. 

A totally unplanned video I made with the excess of photos I took of my hands. Disclaimer: This is my first video ever. No judgements.
Also, I do not have a hand fetish. Although this video might make you think otherwise.

 xx

3 comments:

  1. The painting is really beautiful! Love your nails too.

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like nailpolish with glitter, love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger