for white light and lazy mornings

Friday, August 9, 2013


I CAN'T IMAGINE a better way to get over a post-travel bug than waking up to homemade granola and berries at 11am. 
It's true that the simpler recipes are the ones that end up both looking and tasting the best, isn't it? From the stress of picking classes and meeting so many other equally excited people in a single day then museum hopping with parents, to experiencing the craziest, dustiest, and most exhilarating outdoor concert I've ever been to with Mon, my weekend in LA for college orientation was an absolute whirlwind. I've never seen so many fuzzy neon boots and electric lighters in my life- yea, that kind of concert. 

 But somewhere between wandering around campus by myself in the early morning haze the day after orientation, and taking in every ivy covered brick building (while foreign tourists photographed the hell out of everything) the realization that I am truly so blessed to be moving to LA and studying at a dream university this fall hit me. And suddenly things started to feel so much more right. 


 xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi June! Thank you for the kind words! I just recently got my hands on a Canon Prima AF-8. I think it's the easiest camera ever :) I used to use disposables, but the lack of quality bothered me. The Canon is like my super deluxe point and shoot :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that looks AMAZING! I kinda wanna check out California myself, but I think it would be too hot for me, haha.

    ♥ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. These raspberries are absolutely beautiful, and this breakfast seems to be perfect!
    I often enjoy a fruit salad with crispy almonds when I have the time to prepare it, and you're right, the simplest things are sometimes the best!
    x

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger