Little Prince meets Cherry Blossom Girl

Thursday, April 11, 2013

blazer, pants- bdg via uo
boots- sam edelman 
  
It's been eons since I last read The Little Prince. Now that I'm on my second semester of French,  and practically fluent (hah...) I want to challenge myself by reading this book in its original version. I'll probably have to look up every other word, but it will be worth it.
 I'm not sure that I fully grasped the concepts the first time around- the universality of it all, but I remember feeling impossibly sad at the simplest of ideas.
 "Only children know what they are looking for". It's pure, it's unpretentious, it just makes you stop for a moment and wish you hadn't lost that feeling of innocence. It reminds me of one of Tom Robinson's quotes from Still Life With Woodpecker, "it's never too late to have a happy childhood"

The Little Prince is also a welcoming change from the fantastically complex world of Murakami's that I've slowly been working my way through this year. And from miss Virginia I-love-going-off-on a-tangent Woolf's world. It was a hot mess initially trying to discuss the first chapter of A room of one's own in class today. Finding time to read is always hard, but I'll be starting Lolita for my English class later this semester, so that's a total win-win because it's been on my to-read list for years! Which reminds me that I need shoot some photos of win's lolita- esque red heart glasses because they are bomb, and I need to work more on my photography in general. 
Look who's gone off on a tangent now.


"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."  
 Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
 -the little prince


'Où sont les hommes ?' reprit enfin le petit prince. 'On est un peu seul dans le désert.'
'On est seul aussi chez les hommes', dit le serpent. 
 "Where are the people?" resumed the little prince at last. "It's a little lonely in the desert..."
"It is lonely when you're among people, too," said the snake. 


 "Vous êtes belles, mais vous êtes vides.... On ne peut pas mourir pour vous. "
 You're beautiful, but you're empty.... One could not die for you.

xx

18 comments:

  1. A very nice Outfit and Great pictures.

    I like your Blog. What du you think about following each other? Let Mye know, i follow back

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. I love the print on your jeans xx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amei a boot!!! Linda demais!![
    Ta rolando concurso,dá uma passadinha?
    http://be-maybe.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/concurso.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit and photos! Oh French, I remember taking the class in high school, I forgot everything. It's such a beautiful language, and it's good you know it, I'm jealous!

    The Little Prince is a classic, you have great taste in books. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!!!!! Hi from Europe!

    www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. very lovely outfit, perfect for spring <3
    [www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos and a beautiful outfit!
    Now following (:
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi let me know If you want to follow each other :)


    www.dede-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning photos! I love the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally in love with those pants! now following you :)

    terry
    terrydunakim.blogspot.com
    Love Me to Pieces

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pants & flower combo. Such a beautiful post (: Thanks for checking out my blog--glad to have found yours! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your pants. I love your style! :)

    Hope you could visit!
    http://ishyfishyyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger