Spring Awakening

Monday, March 4, 2013


This past weekend, I went on a bit of a makeup binge. 
At least according to my usual makeup mindset- that 9/10 times, less is more. This weekend, however,  I treated myself to some relatively higher end purchases- arguably all essential every day products... especially the urban decay. How could I say no ;)

1. bumble and bumble super rich conditioner 
2. eyeko london black liquid liner
3. smashbox concealer in light
4. makeup forever HD primer 
5.  urban decay's naked nail polish set 

I've used each of these products aproximately once so this review isn't exactly scientific, but overall I'm happy and impressed with these purchases! 
Starting with the meh- Bumble and bumble has been on my radar for years, and after spotting it at sephora, I finally gave in. First off- the state of my hair is abysmal. It's dry, brittle, just generally dead looking. I have to admit, as excited as I was to try the conditioner, my hair didn't end up looking very different at all. Possibly a bit shinier, but then again, that could be the placebo effect. Second let down- the smashbox concealer. Its consistency was a dream in sephora, but upon opening the bottle this morning, it literally dribbled out of its tube, leaving a runny, unappealing mess. I'm giving it another chance, but if the same thing happens, back to the store it goes. 

On a brighter note, I'm absolutely loving the eyeko black liquid liner - it glides on so effortlessly, and has great staying power. And finally, without a doubt my best splurge was the Naked nail polish set. The colors are phenomenal- they're your basic warm tones with a little extra something. That glittery black shade on the right is begging to be taken for a night out!

       -the view from my friend's college apartment at UC berkeley -

have a lovely week!
xx

5 comments:

  1. These photos are so gorgeous! I love the lighting :)

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of the primer?
    I have heard a lot of this brand but haven't actually tried it.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning view, I wish I had that at my college but all I see are cars and trees.

    ~Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some really good things about that primer! Also didn't know they had a naked palette nail polish set, something I must now look into :)
    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pictures of spring have me jealous.
    Also interested in what you think of the primer..? I use bare minerals primer but would be interested in something that lasted a little longer.

    xx
    Lulu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger