Party at gatsby's

Thursday, November 1, 2012

 Getting ready for Halloween has to be the most exciting part of the night!
makeup/outfit of the night
products:  
headband- anthropologie
This headband just screams t-swift doesn't it? So girly but such a great costume piece. I saw it on sale at anthropologie and I immediately thought it would be the perfect headband for Fitzgerald's Daisy!

"He had one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced, or seemed to face, the whole external world for an instant and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself."
"I began to like New York, the racy, adventurous feel of it at night and the satisfaction that the constant flicker of men and women and machines gives to the restless eye. I liked to walk up Fifth Avenue and pick out romantic women from the crowd and imagine that in a few minutes I was going to enter their lives, and no one would ever know or disapprove. Sometimes, in my mind, I followed them to their apartments on the corners of hidden streets, and they turned and smiled back at me before they faded through a door into warm darkness. At the enchanted metropolitan twilight I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others–poor young clerks who loitered in front of windows waiting until it was time for the solitary restaurant dinner– young clerks in the dusk, wasting the most poignant moments of night and life."
 There's possibly nothing better than wiping all makeup off at the end of the night. Except when you're too tired to bother- we all have those nights! Anyway, this costume deserved to be worn to some little soirée but in reality, we ended up having an extremely mellow night, i.e Donnie Darko and Chinese takeout haha. Hope you had a good halloween!
xx

25 comments:

  1. gorgeous costume! I know what you mean about being too tired to take off your makeup. I always regret it though! :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am awaiting for this movie...u look grt...so perfect gatsby inspired...

    Btw do check out my new post
    Stay in touch
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect look!!!

    http://lapetiterobenoire-ale.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/lapetiterobenoire.ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I love your handband and makeup! Thx for the nice comment:) Just followed you on gfc and bloglovin/32, follow back if you like,
    kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you and I hope you will reciprocate...
    http://www.5minutiearrivo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice costume! looks really nice! i love the headband.. you look great!

    http://herlifeinstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty! I love the eyeshadow palette. Where is it from?


    Black&Vanilla
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty photos!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are so pretty!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, I love your makeup!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh darling, you look absolutely ravishing! Your Great Gatsby aesthetic is absolute perfection. I adore this look and I'm itching for a '20s jazz dinner dance themed party now!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweety, thanks for stopping by, I am following you know. Love the gorgeous costume, you've channeled flapper style with finesse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. normally i think the flapper is quite overdone but i think you did such a perfect job with the makeup and outfit that i don't mind at all!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey, I found you through the Totally Awesome Blog Hop! I absolutely love your blog and am following you on bloglovin now :) Btw-- your costume is adorable and has the perfect Great Gatsby vibe!!

    Mackenzie
    birdfriend.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning outfit and makeup! Really lovely inspiration too. :)

    Thank you for the comments dear. Stop by anytime again x Have a nice day!


    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. that costume is super fancy and it actually reminds me of Aria's Halloween look from PLL. would love to see the full-size outfit as well!
    btw, if you're interested then we can follow each other to stay in touch. and thank you for visiting my blog! :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohh I love your outfit here, it def looks like something in the movie, your headband is beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this 1920's inspired look, you look beautiful 1

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look stunning! Would've loved to have seen a full shot of your outfit, the dress looks like it would be gorgeous :) Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look gorgeous! I love Donnie Darko too. Visiting from the awesome blog hop. :)
    xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger