Mango ice cream+ ginger snaps

Saturday, July 7, 2012



 little indulgences 

This week has been so completely packed with outings and adventures. but hey not complaining! 
After my History of Modern Art class on Tuesday morning, we visited the MoMa (cheers for free days in the city) where we wandered around& stared at the beautifully haunting, (and the overly abstract) for hours upon hours.  Wednesday was 4th of July (photos coming soon),  Thursday was spent at the library+working, and Friday I finally met up with my ever- photogenic friend at Outerlands (photos soon) for a long awaited catch up session. My mom and I looked around the farmer's market this morning, (again, photos coming soon) and ended the day watching Audrey Hepburn ooze charisma&charm like none other.  

And... finally onto the subject of this post, I randomly decided to make:

 Mango Ice Cream and Ginger Snaps
Organic Ginger snaps (Trader Joe's)
Mango Ice Cream 
bit of green for decoration


There's really no recipe for such a simple little dessert (unless you make the cookie and ice cream from scratch, which sounds utterly time consuming, but surely well worth it).
I took these photos on a bit of a whim, but I think they turned out pretty well!




20 comments:

  1. those all look absolutely delicious! great photos

    colored--shadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I bet that combo of mango and ginger is so divine. Thanks for sharing this.

    xo
    Quiet Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! yum! yum!

    check out my giveaway on:
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMMMMMMM they look so yummy!
    I'm your newest follower now, hope you will visit my blog too and follow me back if you like it!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  5. so yummy, i've still never had an ice cream sandwich! the photos look great, i suck at food photography but these are definitley pinterest worthy :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look divine! and so well photographed!
    i want some now :(

    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    Natali Crystal xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! What a delicious desert! I have to try this one out because it brings back my childhood memories where the ice-cream man usually has this on his cart. Thank you for sharing! If you have a chance, please come by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post it looks so yummy !! :)

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! this looks very yummy! Though i am not a massive fan of ginger I could definitely eat it right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. can i please wife you? haha this looks SO GOOD. and i'd probably burn my studio to the ground if i attempted this. maybe i'll make my mom do it... =P

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good, I love anything mango flavoured! Will definitely have to try this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow these look so yummy!! I love mango! They look so perfect such great photos!

    Temi xo STYLISH WHISPERS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for lovely comment. If you like my blog I think you should take a look at my darling friend S's blogg:

    http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com


    // Avy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing! I am always looking for a dessert to make in a pinch! :)

    xo, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh god this is pure indulgence! Great food pics too<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so good, the perfect summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look and sound amazing!! Once I am back from Switzerland and back home in Miami, I will definitely try to make these...they would be the perfect dessert on a hot summer day!
    XOXO

    PS...I am following you now on Bloglovin...hope you'll stay in touch!

    http://www.princessmartha.com

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger