euphoria

Monday, November 14, 2011


 



Above: 
Images taken earlier today...had fun& think they turned out pretty well!
It takes me awhile to get these posts out,
so when I do they are jam-packed with stuff...
I probably could have broken it down into 3 posts, but I like thinking about each post as a story, and I guess this just happens to be a very long one:) 
 Top& necklace: urban outfitters.  

Below:
Photo inspiration that I've acquired over the past few years. 
Sources: 1- songofstyle, 3- cherryblossomgirl, 7+8- freepeople's blog, rest- tumblr and polyvore. 


 above: view from my home 









 
below: 
source- http://mirnah.tumblr.com/
and www.fashiontoast.com 





below:
what do you think about this essay? 
My opinion: humbling& true...but extreme. 
life is not black and white...there is certainly a middle ground. so much good has come out of the 21st century, although at times it seems significantly less than the bad [corruption, injustice, etc]. 


The Paradox of Time
Rev. Moorehead

"The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but
shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more,
but have less; we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and
smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees
but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more
problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too
little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our
possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and
hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to
life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but
have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer
space but not inner space.

We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air,
but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold
more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less
and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small
character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of
two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.

These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one
night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer,
to quiet, to kill.

 It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the
stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time
when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete."


71 comments:

  1. Great post! "We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often." All too true!

    xo chanel
    http://bywayofney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those pics are amazing! Very serene and calm. We love it.

    Xoxo,
    Steph and Amber

    http://whatsinhercloset411.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. those photographs are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures ARE amazing! :) As much effort as it took me to do my post it must have taken you just as much to compile this awesome inspiration compilation :) It's so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your post you said at some point..."I like thinking about each post as a story, and I guess this just happens to be a very long one:) " ...it happens to me too. In my blog http://trendsurvivor.com/ there are very few times I managed to say a short story...

    but I love your post... I really enjoy lovely long posts!
    Thank you or your comment in my blog!
    x
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a pretty powerful essay. i wouldnt call it an essay
    i think its more like a speech something Reverend Moorehead would say in a sermon/mass/whatever you call those gatherings. I am not a religious person, but this is definitely one religious speech to take note from.
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos !! I love them.

    Thanks dor your comment on my blog. The fotos of theinteriors are from " http://mariannan.indiedays.com/ ; http://suosikki.fi/tickle-your-fancy/ ; IKEA ; and the others I really don't know..

    Kisses*

    http://itsluckynumberseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so that photograph of the lighted sandcastle is drop-dead gorgeous! Really beautiful.
    And, so is the print on your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photo inspiration!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures. The sand castle is beautiful.
    If you like Ermanno Scervino, visit my blog. I'll wait you.
    Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving all these pics esp the sandcastle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos! xx

    http://elliesfavouritethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i find this blog amazing full of great ideas i´d like you check out mine and leave me some comments.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have nice blog :)

    Visit me also
    www.taa.ge
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post! I like your swallow necklace :)
    Also love the different light on the inspiration pictures!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely collection of photos. Love your necklace too!

    www.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! There is much truth to that paradox of time... but I don't want to get too hung up on it. I can only push to be my best... Would rather think of all the pretty images you included in this post! Life is beautiful...

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a nice view from your home! I love reading your post..so inspiring! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog and I follow you now via google friends connect.
    If you like, follow me back. It would make me very happy ;)

    minnja.blogspot.com

    LOVE
    Minnja

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy crap, great shots, yours? Loving it eh

    ReplyDelete
  22. i HEART your photos on your blog... :)

    Jasmine
    adamalexmommy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos. <3 Have to follow.

    Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate it. =]


    Lovely Shopdiction

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, gorgeous post! So lovely.. I think I'll safe some of the photos for my files. <3

    Nice blog, oh and it was so lovely for you to leave me such a nice comment! Do make a visit sometime again, or maybe follow each other ^^


    xx indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved 'The Paradox of Time'. I also love the necklace in the first picture and the pictures of the sunset :).

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful set of images and an even more thought-provoking piece of writing! Thanks for sharing.

    x Marcella
    www.fashiondistraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the essay, it's so true! And those pictures are stunning: I adore the room with all the little bits and bobs. All in all what an incredibly inspiring post!

    xxx ninja (1milliondresses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all of them !! =)*

    http://itsluckynumberseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful pics!i love your necklace!



    kiss
    Erika
    My Free Choice

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow these photos are so beautiful!! I love them!! I just found your blog and I think you might like my blog too, it's a personal style and fashion blog by me in England. I would love for you to check it out and if you do like it, leave a comment :) Thanks! :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful collection of images! I love that necklace in the first few images, so stunning. Great post love!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. last images are so beautiful.. thanks for sharing! :)

    xx
    http://niceandwarmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is amazing, nice post friend! Keep up with this, love your style.
    Check out mine,
    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. great post, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love all of this post, from the outfit to the inspiration photos, to the essay...so much greatness :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really beautiful photos!!!

    http://lazyheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. love the photos so much!!

    xx
    mycherrygum.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have this great eye for beautiful things. I really enjoyed going through this post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. nice pics
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. gorgeous photos! and i love your blog!

    xx, Kels

    www.misscouture17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a fantastic post! I love your blog!
    Hope that you come and follow my new one :)
    xx

    www.bethegoodness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. love it!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great post and blog. I am following you. <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the bird necklace!! I'll check the Urban Outfitters website to see if they have it! :) Thanks a lot for your comment on my blog!

    http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy Black Friday!

    Great deal at www.charlotteandlisa.com discount code is CLBLK enter at checkout for up to 50% off!

    www.clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. You're wearing such a fun pattern in the top photos.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  48. You have a gorgeous blog, you know that? ;)

    XO,
    Lucija
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the pictures....your necklace is so cute!

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. LOVE all the photos you post in your blog. Is amazing. I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love this post, you have gathered beautiful inspiring images. (thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now following your lovely blog)

    ReplyDelete
  52. cool cool blog!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://artsecommunication.blogspot.com/ U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful, love the print of your top!! And that necklace is lovely!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oops, I saw that you actually did NOT see BD, now I am the dork! I love the bright blouse paired with the utilitarian jacket, so nice!

    xo,
    April Lyn

    the suit for dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  55. LOVE IT!!!! and thanks for the inspiring words and beautiful images. I can't believe thats the view from your house?? amazing and serene. I miss living near the beach. you have definitely accounted to some great inspiration for me :) xx

    ReplyDelete

 

© etherealist All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger